DFI Technologies Announces Availability of Motherboards based on Intel’s Skylake 6th Generation Processors
New motherboards support full range of computing requirements, from high performance to ultra-low power
DFI Technologies today announced the introduction of a full line of motherboards based on Intel’s latest 6th generation processors. These motherboards encompass applications that require high performance computing all the way to ultra-low power. Available Form Factors are ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX, 3.5” and COM Express.
DFI’s high performance motherboards utilize Intel’s H110, Q170 and C236 chipsets.
The Intel H110 is the standard offering with the following features:
- Support for 2 DDR4 SODIMMs, up to a total of 32GB.* This is the latest technology in memory that offers faster performance, less power consumption and the potential for higher memory capacities
- In addition to the standard display interfaces of VGA, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort, there is now support for DP++* which allows for both DP and HDMI signals off one interface. Not only does this save valuable board real estate but provides more flexibility in connecting a display.
- With these new boards we’re also introducing Embedded DisplayPort (eDP)* for the first time. This is the successor to LVDS that offers significantly higher data rates which allow for higher resolution, faster display rates, more color depth and more display control features.
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet Ports* to allow for communication on multiple networks, devices and provide redundancy
- Support for PCIe Generation 3. This is currently the fastest PCI Express interface that’s available on the market and practically doubles the bandwidth over the previous generation. This allows for the fastest video processing, video capture, storage communication and data sampling.
- USB 3.0
- SATA 3.0
The Intel Q170 offers all the same capability of the H110, but adds support for RAID and Intel AMT. RAID allows for computer storage to be optimized for performance, data redundancy or both. Intel AMT provides remote management capability at the hardware level, which can function when the OS hasn’t loaded yet or even with the computer turned off.
The Intel C236 carries all the features of the Q170, but offers the utmost performance. It is capable of equipping Intel’s premium Xeon processors. It boasts the most memory capacity at 64GB and supports error correction to provide the most stable operation.
For Low Power and Ultra Low Power computing, DFI TECH is utilizing Intel’s mobile class and System-on-a-Chip Processors. Our 6th Generation H-series mobile motherboards consume less than 45W on the processor and come in COM Express Basic. These offer the optimal balance between performance and power use. For even lower power, our 6th Generation U-series motherboards consume less than 15W on the processor and come in Mini-ITX, 3.5” and COM Express Compact.
All motherboards come with DFI’s commitment to long-life with 7 year life cycles as well as revision control. Additionally, there is built in legacy hardware support that’s often necessary and critical in embedded and industrial computing environments.