Regional Sales Manager
The Company – www.dfitech.com
DFI TECH (Design For Innovation Technologies), headquartered in Sacramento, CA, has been leading innovation for the past three decades. We develop customizable embedded computing solutions to meet your exact standards for Mil/Aero, Industrial, Test/Measurement, Medical, Infotainment, Transportation, Energy, and Commercial applications. We design, manufacture and integrate innovative, application-specific computer solutions from the board-level up. Our systems are built with industrial-grade components, and offer revision control and long-lifecycle. Through a collaborative design process we’re able to deliver a customizable, cost-effective solution. If you can dream it, we can build it.
Northwest (WA, OR, ID, MT, Western Canada)
Rocky Mountain (WY, CO, UT, AZ, NM)
North Central (ND, SD, MN, NE, IA, MO, KS)
South Central (OK, AR, TX, LA)
Great Lakes (WI, IL, IN, OH, PA)
North East (ME, VT, CT, NH, MA, RI, NY, NJ, DE, Eastern Canada)
East Central (MD, VA, WV, KY)
Southeast (MS, AL, GA, TN, NC, SC, FL)
Summary of Responsibilities
The Regional Sales Manager is a key member of the sales team responsible for helping to set and execute the strategy and tactics necessary for market success. He/she will provide leadership in the establishment and management of a world-class company providing embedded systems and market-driven solutions for market applications. This person will be the customer champion in every sense.
• Identify, qualify and establish sales in target markets, channels and customers.
• Identify channel and development partners where applicable.
• Through intimate account relationships, ascertain the voice of the customer to ensure our technology developments are meeting customer requirements and exploiting market opportunities.
• Define and manage the go-to-market sales strategies and tactics to rapidly deliver company revenue and value on a tight schedule.
• Where applicable, develop and generate support for an indirect sales strategy, which will require the selection, development and motivation of partners, agents, reps and/or distributors.
• Meet and exceed sales and design in/win targets.
• Meet market share goals within chosen accounts, and in chosen markets.
• Contribute to the development of sales forecasts, pricing policy, and negotiate sales contracts.
• Be a positive, energetic member of the team. Build team unity and spirit. Reinforce the importance of a “customer first” outlook and a strong work ethic.
Qualifications and Characteristics
• At least 5 years of sales and leadership experience in high technology, embedded systems and/or contract manufacturing.
• Must be an excellent presenter and communicator in English, both orally and in writing.
• Must be able and willing to travel extensively at short notice, and for significant periods of time. Must anticipate and be flexible to support the business needs.
• Proven sales track record selling multi-million dollar deals into major global enterprise accounts.
• Proven sales track record in initiating and rapidly growing the sales and sales infrastructure of new and existing markets and technology sectors.
• Strong experience in building market opportunities from scratch in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Demonstrated ability to close business with a consultative, solution sales approach.
• Knowledge of the following sectors is desired: embedded systems.
• Must be able to get involved in technical and applications detail as part of the “technical sale” and support of every aspect of DFI’s products.
• Character and integrity are paramount. Demonstrated leadership and understanding of the sales and implementation of technologies in major global accounts.
• Ability to perceive and clearly communicate key customer issues, and push persistently and constructively for the appropriate response.
• Must be outspoken and forceful both in/with the customer and inside DFI Tech on their behalf.
• Demonstrated team player within an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire roll up his/her sleeves and build a winning organization.
An undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other technical science major is preferred.
The compensation package will consist of a base salary and commissions. Please specify salary requirements upon your application of position.
Please send resume and cover letter with region of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org